We love summer!
But sunburns and annoying insects can put a damper on any outdoor adventure. Synthetic products are effective, but they’re based on unnatural chemicals that we really don’t want to inhale or slather onto our skin.
Not only are these chemicals bad for us, but they can also harm the environment.
That’s why we’ve formulated this combination of sunscreen and insect repellent. Now, you can replace two sources of chemical contamination with one simple, all-natural product. And you can have peace of mind, because you’ll have control over every ingredient.
Each Kit Comes With:
- 0.5 oz Bug Repelling Herbs Combo: lemon thyme, catnip, and mugwort
- 0.5 oz Beeswax Pastilles
- 0.5 oz Cocoa Butter Drops
- 0.7 oz Pure Zinc Oxide (Non-Nano)
- A glass jar for mixing and storing your sunscreen
- Custom label
- Instructions for mixing and using your sunscreen
All you need to supply is 2/3 cup of oil (coconut, olive or avocado).
About the Ingredients:
All of the herbs are organic, at a minimum.
- The catnip and mugwort are biodynamically grown—beyond organic!
- To us, they smell lovely. But the bugs will disagree!
Beeswax pastilles serve to firm up the mixture, making it easy to apply, but difficult to spill.
Cocoa butter drops are a product of the cacao plant—the same plant we get chocolate from.
- This velvety soft addition is rich in antioxidants.
- As a bonus, it melts at body temperature, making it an ideal addition to skin products.
Zinc oxide gives the formula its sun-protective power.
- When made according to the instructions we provide, this formula provides approximately 90 minutes of sun protection.
- As with all mineral-based sunscreens, it will need to be applied more frequently if you are swimming with it on.
- We only use non-nano-sized zinc oxide particles. This is important for safety, as nano-sized particles can be absorbed by your skin.
We’ll also send you our easy-to-follow instructions, and a jar to store your sunscreen/bug repellent!
*We estimate this to be about 30 SPF depending on the oil you choose. You'll get a stronger protection from using coconut oil as it's naturally a 4-5 SPF. Please be sure to apply this product often.
Click Here for our Bug-Repelling Sunscreen FAQ sheet that answers many common questions regarding this product.
**For sale only within the continental United States. International shipping is not available at this time.
I'm not used to putting anything on when I'm outside working, but I have to admit that working in the evening and early morning with HBRS Kit has made all chores go smoother since I don't have to constantly smack. stomp, and wave to scatter the bugs.
My only concern is getting it off my hands so I can work with my tools etc.
I'm not sure it's working I still get some bites but the mosquitoes are bad so it may be working somewhat
it was easy to make
The Grow Network Store
Do continue to keep us posted on how this works for you, Helen! We appreciate you.