Oats (Avena sativa) is a plant with a long history of nourishing humanity. Oats are believed to have originated in Northern Europe or the Near East, possibly in the Fertile Crescent. Today, humans have spread oatstraw across the world, feeding cows, chickens, and humans alike with this essential grain.
Besides its use as food, oats have a long history in herbal medicine with a variety of uses. If you’re ready to start mixing your own home remedies, oatstraw herb is an essential ingredient. Learn more about what buying oatstraw can do for your remedy kit when you shop The Grow Network today!
- Botanical Name: Avena sativa
- Family: Poaceae
- Other Common Names: Oat, common oat, cat grass, pet grass, oatgrass
- Product Contents: Straw
- Potential Benefits: Anti-depressant, carminative, diaphoretic, diuretic, febrifuge, nervine (relaxing), nutritive, tonic
- Energetics: Moist/Cool
- Taste: Salty
- Plant Uses: Nervous system exhaustion, strengthen sexual potency/desire, restorative and strengthening to the whole body, mood lifter, clearer cognition, stress reducer.
- Preparations: Nourishing herbal infusion, bath, poultice, sitz bath, foot soak, wash, hair rinse, vinegar infusion.
- Toxicities/Warnings: Possible gluten cross-contamination and potential danger for those with Celiac disease.
Our Oatstraw Herb
Each package contains eight ounces of 100% USDA certified organic dried oatstraw herb. Packages are resealable and come with a comprehensive nutritional and herbal profile to help you better understand this herb. Our herbal profile provides thorough reference information, including the best preparations and dosing, growing and identification guides, nutritional information, and more to help you fully utilize and enjoy this herb.
Ready to buy oatstraw from The Grow Network? Enjoy the best quality herbs at amazing prices when you shop now!